Wednesday 21 September 2011

Mug rug and goodie swap

Well I've finished my goodies to send off on the Mug Rug and Goodie Swap.
Partner one likes pink so I hope she likes these
There is a hexagon needle case, a small triangle pouch/thread catcher and a larger triangle pouch.  The larger one was made when I misread the instructions to make the triangle pouch which you make from only one triangle.  I misread it as having to make three and then when I put them together it had no bottom so had to make a fourth triangle.  It turned out not too bad.

These are my goodies for partner 2
Another hexagon needle case, a small purse and a travel sewing organiser.
Here's a photo of the inside.
I really enjoyed making all of these.  The little purse is a really easy make.  I think I might make some for my daughter to give to her friends in school at Christmas (yes that dreaded word).  The sewing organiser turned out better than I thought and was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I might just have to make some of these for myself now.  
I'll be posting these off this week and will be anxiously waiting to see what I will receive in return.

On another swap that I joined up for, I received these lovely blocks from my swap partner for September (Katie).  Aren't they lovely?

I asked for yellows and blues and these are just perfect.  I have to finish my block for Katie, a doll quilt for a swap and three fabric mini quilt postcards (no pressure).

LindaC

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure your partners will be thrilled to bits with their swap gifts. They're gorgeous. Sounds like a busy run up to Christmas for you... you'd better get sewing... NOW!! .lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! I too am looking at my goodies and thinking about Christmas. It's too early, I know, but really I want an excuse to make more :) I am sure your partners will be super excited with what you've made :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are beautiful! and I must get the pattern for the triangle thread catcher. What a handy dandy idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely set of goodies and your blocks look great :)

    ReplyDelete