Monday 25 July 2011

Fab things received and made

Over the last couple of days I have made and received some lovely things.
First the received goodies
This lovely doll quilt is from Susan who was my swap partner for the July doll quilt swap on www.quiltingboard.com. This was my first time to make a doll quilt for a swap and I hope Susan likes the one I made for her. Here is a photo of the one she sent to me.

Secondly I received a postcard from Cheryl for the Lake Life fabric postcard swap I took part in from the Postcard group on Yahoo.

Now to things made. I have been watching The Vignette Hexagon Quilt along site and have started making hexagon flowers. They are one inch hexagons and I am using scraps and 5 inch charm squares to make them (trying to stick to at least one project that I don't have to buy new fabric for). Here are the flowers I've made so far.

I also finished off a half started project, a bag. I had cut out part of the pattern so I cut out the rest and the lining and sewed it together. Here is the finished article.
and here is a picture of the lining and pockets

Lastly, youngest daughter had been playing with her friends in the sunroom. They had the dolls out, dolls furniture, little house and some small blankets and quilts that I had made for her. Guess who decided that she was taking one of the small quilts? Yes you got it right, the cat thief who I think has decided that everything belongs to her. Here is Tilly with the little quilt.
.

That's all for now. We've been having some fantastic weather this past week. Long may it continue.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! What a nice flower quilt you were given. I like the flower colors that she chose.

    Enjoy your week,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you're doing with your hexies. I'm trying to use stash on mine too. Great little bag too... so cute. As for Tilly... didn't you know that cats own every quilt in the house!
    We're sharing your good weather here in the deep south west of Scotland. Really unusual isn't it!;) It's raining here today.... back to normal then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely swaps you've been sent - and I think your little hexie flowers are adorable.

    ReplyDelete