Wednesday 1 June 2011

June already

1st of June already, where does the time go to?  The first of each month is usually a time when I check some of the BOM sites that I am on to see if they have the new pattern up for that month.
June was an extra exciting month as Hoopsisters (http://www.hoopsisters.com/) are starting a new Mystery quilt.  I signed up, paid my money and downloaded the first part.  I have all my fabrics ready but need to get thread for them so can't start until I get that.
Oldest daughter has also finished school for the summer now.  She is heading off to the Gaeltacht (west of Ireland where they speak Irish as their first language) for three weeks.  This is her third time to go so she's well used to the routine now.  The only thing I have to do is send packages each week to her and her friends with some magazines and some goodies for them.
http://www.colaistenanoilean.ie/

I joined a new group on Yahoo yesterday called POSTCARD COTTAGE where you can take part in fabric/fiber postcard swaps.  It turns out one of the ladies in the group is in charge of the postcard exhibition for the Irish Patchwork Society and she got my postcard that I sent.  As they say, it's a small world.

1 comment:

  1. Both sound like a lot of fun. I've never tried that, but the postcard one appeals to me a lot.

    ReplyDelete